Are you interested in furthering your education in the USA. Good news! Global Health Scholarships at Brown University is currently ongoing application. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
The bodywork in Global Health Scholarships Program provides an opportunity to work on a disparaging global health issue impacting a low or middle-income country (LMIC). Successful candidates receive the bodywork award to support global health research linked to Brown University faculty scholarly projects.
Brown University is a private, Ivy League research university in Providence, Rhode Island, United States. The university was established in 1764 as ‘The College in the English Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations’. Brown University is the seventh-oldest institution of higher education in the United States and one of the nine Colonial Colleges founded before the American Revolution.
At the University’s foundation, the university was the first college in North America to accept students inspite of their religious affiliation. The university is home to the oldest applied mathematics program in the United States, the oldest engineering program in the Ivy League, and the third-oldest medical program in New England.
Brown University was one of the early doctoral-granting U.S. institutions in the late 19th century, adding masters and doctoral studies in 1887. In 1969, the university adopted its Open Curriculum after a period of student lobbying.
However, the new curriculum eliminated compulsory ‘general education’ distribution requirements, made scholars ‘the architects of their own syllabus’ and allowed them to take any course for a grade of satisfactory (Pass) or no-credit (Fail) which is not recorded on external transcripts.
Brown university consists of the College, the Graduate School, Alpert Medical School, the School of Engineering, the School of Public Health and the School of Professional Studies. The university’s international programs are organized through the Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs, and the university is academically joined with the Marine Biological Laboratory and the Rhode Island School of Design.
In agreement with the Rhode Island School of Design, Brown University offers undergraduate and graduate dual degree programs. The university’s main campus is located in the College Hill neighborhood of Providence, Rhode Island.
Brown university is surrounded by a federally listed architectural district with a thick concentration of Colonial-era buildings.
Worth of Global Health Scholarships at Brown University
All successful candidates of Global Health Scholarships for Scholars will receive $3500 from Brown University.
Eligibility for Global Health Scholarships at Brown University
- To be eligible for these scholarship, you must be a Brown University’s medical student, graduate student in the Divion of Biology or the School of Public Health.
- You must also be a fellow or resident from a Brown affiliated hospital or a Brown undergraduate concentrating in biology, public health or in the PLME program.
- To be qualified for Global Health Scholarships at Brown University, you must have a displayed interest and/or have engaged in activities related to global health.
- Each candidate must have taken or propose to take academic courses in preparation for global health work to be eligible for these scholarship.
- To be qualified for Global Health Scholarships, you must have a proposed plan for global health work with a scholarly activity related to service, research, or advocacy.
- You must be able to describe the Brown University faculty mentoring available for the proposed global health activity, and provide a required letter of support from the mentor.
- Candidates must also have a plan in place to submit for IRB approval (if required).
- To be qualified for these scholarship, you must be returning to campus the academic year after the completion of project.
How to Apply for Global Health Scholarships at Brown University
To apply for these scholarship, visit the official website.
Application Deadline for Global Health Scholarships at Brown University
The application deadline for these scholarship is February 1, 2022.
Official Website: Click here