The University of Sheffield,UK has opened its scholarship opportunities for applicants who are interested in pursuing their PhD research in the university. The University of Sheffield is aware of how crucial cost is when attending a UK university. As a result, they offer to pay up to three academics expenses for up to a year of research in Sheffield. Academics who have been forced to leave their home country due to conflict or persecution can receive assistance through the Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme.
13th November 2022
Scholarship Details :
- University or Organization: University of Sheffield
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Subsistence allowance of £17,350 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are welcome to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD scholarship will be awarded in any area under discussion offered by Sheffield. Here is a list of academic departments
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the scheme:
- Applicants must be an academic who has been displaced or affected by conflict or persecution in their home country.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a UK visa under the Ukrainian visa schemes or another type of UK visa, if applicable, in the case of other nationalities.
- Applicants proposed area of research should align with areas of research at Sheffield.
- Applicants are expected to remain employed by their home institution and return to their home country to resume their research when it is safe and appropriate.
How to Apply
The mode of application is offline.
- How to Apply: The Applicants must download the application form and submit a complete application with a CV to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: For application – A CV and Research proposal. For admission- Proof of the previous degree, Official translations into English, Academic references, English language certificates, A supporting statement (including a research proposal where relevant), Curriculum vitae/resume, and Examples of your work
- Admission Requirements: Before applying, applicants must check all the admission criteria.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have reasonable English skills to make their visit to the University of Sheffield.
Scholarship Benefits :
- Subsistence allowance of £17,350 per annum (pro-rata)
- An additional payment of £5,000 per annum (pro-rata) per dependent (up to a maximum of 3 dependents)
- Expenses on arrival, including travel, of up to £2,500
- Accommodation: under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme, free accommodation is provided for up to 6 months as part of the visa requirement. Applicants not eligible for the Homes for Ukraine scheme will receive support to find suitable accommodation.
- Project-related costs up to £2,500