The University of Winnipeg , Canada has opened it’s President’s Scholarship for World Leaders scholarship opportunities for the year 2023/2024 for interested applicants who want to pursue their Undergraduate, Graduate and Collegiate, PACE or ELP studies at the university. The scholarship award is for international students.
Deadlines are as the following:
- Undergraduate: Spring/Summer 2023 – April 1, 2023
- Graduate: June 1, 2023
- Collegiate: June 1, 2023
- PACE: Spring/Summer 2023 – March 1, 2023, for fall 2023 – June 1, 2023, For Winter 2024 – October 1, 2023
- ELP: Spring/Summer 2023 – February 1, 2023, Fall 2023 – April 1, 2023, Winter 2024 – August 1, 2023
The University of Winnipeg is a public research university in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, that offers undergraduate faculties of art, business and economics, education, science and kinesiology and applied health as well as graduate programs. The University of Winnipeg was established in 1967 when United College received its charter. The governance was modeled on the provincial University of Toronto Act of 1906 which established a bicameral system of university government consisting of a senate (faculty), responsible for academic policy, and a board of governors (citizens) exercising exclusive control over financial policy and having formal authority in all other matters. The president, appointed by the board, was a link between the bodies to perform institutional leadership.
- University or Organization: University of Winnipeg
- Department: All
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, PACE or ELP
- Award: $3,500 to $5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 18
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any of the University’s divisions for the first time: Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, PACE, or ELP.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be an international student
- Entering the first year of any program/school
- Have a minimum of 80% admission average or equivalent
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities
- Admitted to the University by the scholarship deadline
Scholarship Application Guidelines:
- How to Apply: All applicants must submit the following forms:
- Complete an application for admission into the University of Winnipeg.
- Complete the web application form for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: These are the required documents (uploaded in one PDF file) applicants must include with this application. Applicants make sure all documents are translated into English if in another language.
- Personal Statement
- Two Reference Letters
- Admission Requirements: All applicants must begin their application for admission first in order to be assigned an UWinnipeg student ID number. Visit the Admissions page to begin their admission process or email [email protected] Check the full criteria of entry requirements by country.
- Language Requirement: Students must have a level of ability in English that allows them to participate in all aspects of university study. Check the full criteria of English language proficiency.
- 6 Undergraduate scholarships – $5,000
- 3 Graduate Scholarships – $5,000
- 3 Collegiate Scholarships – $3,500
- 3 Professional, Applied Continuing Education (PACE) Scholarships – $3,500
- 3 English Language Program (ELP) Scholarships (14-week full-time program only) – $3,500