The university college of London, UK has opened its scholarship opportunities for the 2023/2024 session for international students in developing countries who want to pursue their masters studies at the university. Eligible candidates can apply with the link in this article, Good luck.
27th April 2023
University College London, which operates as UCL, is a public research university in London, United Kingdom. It is a member institution of the federal University of London, and is the second-largest university in the United Kingdom by total enrolment and the largest by postgraduate enrolment. UCL is consistently ranked as one of the top ten universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2010-2022) and is No.2 in the UK for research power .
- University or Organization: University College London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: €15,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
Candidates must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate;
- Come from a lower income background*;
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2023/24. Please note: Distance-learning options are not eligible for this fund; students must be coming to the UK to attend UCL in person.
Scholarship Selection Process:
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
- The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Thursday 27 April 2023.
- Successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified by early July 2023.
Scholarship Application Guidelines:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ‘Check and apply‘ under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply for funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
- There are up to 70 (seventy) scholarships available in 2023/24.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2yrs in length. In that case the scholarship will be paid 50% in each year.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.