The project will focus on developing and validating new human cell-based (hiPSCs) dementia culture models. These models will be instrumental in the development of safe medications to alleviate anxiety associated with Alzheimer’s disease (AD).
2nd July 2023
The UCL School of Pharmacy is the pharmacy school of University College London. The School forms part of UCL’s Faculty of Life Sciences and is located in London, United Kingdom. The School was founded by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain in 1842 as the College of the Pharmaceutical Society.
- University or Organization: UCL School of Pharmacy
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the UK
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Eligible Countries: Open to all nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by UCL School of Pharmacy.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a first degree in pharmacy, pharmacology, biology, neuroscience, or biomedical sciences (minimum 2.1).
Scholarship Application Guidelines:
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit their applications via email to Ms. Michelle Ward at email@example.com.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement
- Contact details of two referees
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfill the following admission requirements of UCL School of Pharmacy.
- Postgraduate experience in cell culture (primary, recombinant, or iPSC) would be desirable
- Meet UCL MPhil/PhD entry and English Language requirements
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the following language requirements:
- Must be fluent in English language (Verbal as well as Written).
Scholarship Benefits :
The UCL School of Pharmacy will provide the following benefits to the successful candidate:
- Fully funded studentship with a stipend paid at UCL normal rates (stipend rate for 2022/23 is £19,668, with additional increments in Years 2 and 3 of the studentship)
- Additional Fee Element of £10,000 per annum
- Home student fees coverage