The University of Toronto , Canada has opened the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship to provide an opportunity for outstanding international students to undergo their undergraduate degree at the university .
The scholarship program aims to honor students who exhibit remarkable creativity and academic accomplishment and who are regarded as leaders in their school.
The student’s influence on their school and community as well as their ability to benefit the world community in the future are given great consideration.
15th January 2024
The University of Toronto is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located on the grounds that surround Queen’s Park. It was founded by royal charter in 1827 as King’s College, the first institution of higher learning in Upper Canada.
- University or organization : University of Toronto
- Department : NA
- Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship, Stipend and Accomodation
- Number of Awards: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Nationality: International
- This award can be taken in Canada
Scholarship Eligibility Requirement:
- An international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- Currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2023
- Beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2024 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
Pearson Scholarship Deadline:
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2023
- Student OUAC admission application deadline: December 15, 2023 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; although you can apply up to December 15 2023, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC as soon as possible. The recommended date to apply for admission is before November 7, 2023 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 15, 2024
Scholarship Application Guidelines:
The 2024 Competition opens in September 2023. To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here in September.(external link) High schools who have participated in a previous year will receive their nomination access starting in early September.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto(external link) to begin your studies in September 2024 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines(external link). Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application. You will receive a private link to the scholarship application when you are successfully nominated by your school.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.