Scholarship opportunities are available for International freshmen and transfer students seeking for enrollment in undergraduate degree program at the University of Minnesota. Awards are based on academic merit.
15 November 2023
The University of Minnesota is a public land-grant research university in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States. The Twin Cities campus comprises locations in Minneapolis and Falcon Heights, a suburb of St. Paul, approximately 3 mi apart. The Twin Cities campus is the oldest and largest in the University of Minnesota system and has the ninth-largest main campus student body in the United States, with 52,376 students at the start of the 2021–22 academic year. It is the flagship institution of the University of Minnesota System, and is organized into 19 colleges, schools, and other major academic units.
- University Name: University of Minnesota
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Program Duration: NA
- Award: $10,000 – $25,000
- Nationality: International
- This award can be taken in the USA
Scholarship Eligibility Requirement:
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility conditions;
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate courses offered at the University.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- A high school transcript and/or GSE results (if your transcript is not in English, also require a certified translation).
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Minnesota, USA
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Minnesota’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Scholarship Application Guidelines:
There is no separate scholarship application required; students are considered based on an overall assessment of their on-time admission application. All international freshmen and transfer students who complete their applications for admission by the deadlines are automatically considered for a Global Excellence Scholarship.
Students must maintain their F-1 immigration status to remain eligible for these scholarships. If you have been awarded a Global Excellence Scholarship and have questions about the award, please view the Frequently Asked Questions on the International Student and Scholar Services website
For the 2022–23 academic year, international freshmen can receive scholarships of $25,000, $15,000, or $10,000 per year for up to four years. Transfer students may receive $10,000 per year for up to three years when entering the University in the Fall semester. Transfer students entering in the Spring semester will be considered for scholarships on a funds-available basis.